The mobile games and apps industry sees new trends and developments almost every passing year. So, SocialPeta decided to release an updated version of the White Paper on Marketing Mobile Games and Apps in the First Half of 2022. The report presents detailed information about the mobile apps and games industry for tech readers across the globe.
The report covers several different categories of information, such as top apps and their advertiser data, creative data, and more. You will also be able to find other relevant information such as data from top advertisers, top app stores, etc. With the help of this crucial information, SocialPeta wants to empower developers and tech enthusiasts to improve their ROI by investing time and money in digital products that thrive or are needed.
Features of this Mobile Games and Application Industry Report
The report covers market data from over 72 countries/regions
It also covers mobile app trends across various platforms combined
While preparing the report, the researchers extracted and mentioned data referring to more than 1.2 billion creations.
- It is prepared to make the report easy to understand for readers from tech and non-tech backgrounds
Mobile Games and Apps Industry Report Highlights
Additionally, we are now covering some important highlights from SocialPeta’s in-depth mobile games and apps industry report. This information will give you an overall idea of what the actual report is about.
- The number of mobile app advertisers globally has seen a significant decline in strength, especially after Covid-19. The report shows a historic low in the strength of mobile app advertisers, with 83,400 advertisers in January 2022. Mobile game advertisers accounted for approximately 22.65% of the total strength.
- In the first quarter of 2022, after a drop of 22.83% over one year, 10.8 million creations were recorded. In the second quarter of 2022, a decline of 38.43% was recorded, affecting a force of 9.8 million.
- The Mainland China and South Asia regions saw a significant decline in the number of advertisers in the first half of 2022. Mainland China saw a 44.00% year-on-year decline in the number of advertisers, while that the South Asia region as a whole recorded an 8.72% increase in the number of advertisers.
- In the first half of 2022, WhatsApp dominated the app market as the most downloaded app. While in terms of revenue generated, YouTube was leading the market.
- The SocialPeta report shows that casual games accounted for 42% of the spots in the Top 100 category by download. In the Top 100 category by income, simulation games topped the charts, followed by RPGs and action games.
- App advertising data based on app types shows reading app creation growth of 6% per year in 2022. On the other hand, professional app advertisers accounted for 12.90%, including weather app advertisers, reading apps, news apps, etc.
- From a mobile advertising cost perspective, the United States had the highest advertising cost for apps. The United States had an average CPM of $27.54, a CTR of 1.16%, and a CPC of $4.22. In Asia, Japan leads the market with $25.93 as CPM, $3.94 as CPC, and 0.93% as CTR.
- The United States also led the non-gaming ad cost segment with a CPM of $11.88, CPC of $1.8, and CTR of 2.79%. Besides the United States, Australia and Singapore also had a CPM above $10.
- When designing game creatives for advertising, advertisers used simpler sequences to attract more players to the game. During the first half of 2022, advertisers designed advertisements with light gameplays to make the game easier and more entertaining.
- The report shows the changing trends of short or live video streaming platforms. Some pan-entertainment trends in app creations included dress-up challenges, recommendations from real people, and matches for dating apps, among others. Apps like TikTok, Bigo Live and other short video streaming apps have boosted the competition that existed in this segment.
General trends in mobile apps and gaming apps
- Big budget games have seen an increase in their adaptation by game developers for mobile phones. Games like Call of Duty: Warzone saw a surge in popularity in the first half of 2022. Genshin Impact was also selected by Apple for product performance demonstration. This rise in popularity of AAA games is shifting the gaming experience limited to PCs to smartphones.
- Metaverse apps have grown rapidly in popularity since the concept was announced. According to the report, a new Metaverse app is released every day. Between November 2021 and January 2022, 552 new apps were released in the Metaverse category.
- The increase in ACGN (Anime Comic Game Novel) is clearly noticeable. For example, Genshin Impact consistently tops the charts among all global games.
Well, these are some highlights of 2022 Mobile Games and Application Industry In-Depth Report. experts in the field.
You can download the full report to know these app and game development market trends. These trends will help you better plan your investments and keep you up to date with all things industry related.
SocialPeta is one of the leading ad intelligence platforms. The platform includes a database of over a billion creations from over 72 countries. The sources of its statistics come from more than 90 advertising agencies like Unity, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and TikTok, among others. The platform is known for delivering real-time market trends with unbeatable data accuracy.
With a mixture of literature, cinema and photography, Manish mainly travels. When he’s not, he’s probably writing another tech news for you!
Want to hire the best service provider?
MobileAppDaily will help you explore the best service providers based on your vision, budget, project and industry requirements. Contact us and create a list of companies best suited to your needs.